Welcome To Rockwell Camp
Website Terms and Conditions
Information about Us
Camp Rockwell has been in operation since 1970. It is Ireland’s longest running summer camp. It takes place in the grounds of Rockwell College Secondary School, near Cashel in Co. Tipperary and the Camp has access to all the College grounds and facilities. All Camp Rockwell staff are garda vetted.
Full Payment is required when booking and confirms both parents and children accept our booking terms and conditions.
Debit and Credit Card Payments
There are no additional charges for the use of debit cards however we do charge 3% on all credit card payments you make. We do not store any payment card details.
All bookings will be confirmed by email. No booking will be fully confirmed until a full payment is received and registration details about each child are submitted. Responsibility for all booking details lies with the person who made the booking.
Changing your Booking
Subject to availability you will be able to alter your booking by contacting the Camp Office. Changes do not incur a charge.
Any additional payment arising from a change would be payable at the time of change (e.g. if the bus is added to an existing booking)
Cancelling your Booking
You will receive a refund less the €50 deposit/booking fee if you cancel up to the commencement of your booking. You may cancel for any reason and we guarantee this refund. The Bus charge of €20 is non refundable i.e. if you book the camp at €175 and have to cancel you will receive a refund of €125, if you book the camp at €175 Plus €20 for the bus you will still receive a refund of €125.
Once your child begins their stay with us, and if they have to leave for any reason, we regret that no refund is available at that stage.
We will use your details to contact you via email/mail or text with future information about our services.
You may opt out of our mailing list when booking or afterwards at any stage.
We aim to provide the best possible care for all children at all times.
Please tell other parents if you are happy with your experience.
If you have concerns, suggestions or complaints, please tell us; we value your feedback and use it to develop and improve our services. Complaints should be raised at the earliest opportunity so that we can resolve it quickly.
Conditions of Booking
- Application is not accepted until the full fee has been paid.
- Additional names cannot be added to groups or families once that booking has been processed.
- Additional weeks cannot be added to groups or families once that booking has been processed.
- The right is reserved to refuse admission or to dismiss, at any time, a camper whose presence by way of conduct or deportment is deemed by Camp Management to be detrimental to the best interests or safety of the Camp. No refunds will be made and any additional costs, including travel, will be at the parents’/guardians’ expense.
- The camp must be notified on application if a camper has special health, special needs or dietary requirements.
- While Camp Rockwell may be able to successfully cope with many types of medical situations the right to refuse an application is reserved on the advice of the Camp’s medical staff and on the decision of the Camp Director, who will bear in mind the staff profile, the child's ability to cope with the Camp Program and the effect of the child's needs on staff and other students.
- Please advise us of any special dietary requirements including food allergies at the time of booking, as these can be catered for by the Dining Room staff. It is very important for your child’s safety that you inform us in advance of food allergies. We are providing them with their 2 course lunch and we can prepare their meal separately and give it to them discreetly e.g. anaphylactic shock food allergies. Our onsite nurse and chefs will then have full details for all students.
- You must provide details of your child's allergy / medical needs / health issues / special needs to us in writing, at the time of booking, you are welcome to email us with more detailed specific information and we will arrange for the nurse to make contact with you, if needed, before your child arrives. Please ensure the phone numbers you provide are in use and contactable. If you do not provide the details and we subsequently find that your child has such an allergic/health issue/special need, we will phone you to remove your child from the Camp, no refund will be issued in this instance. It is in your child's best interests that you provide the information to us.
- The programme will operate along the highest safety standards. Your child will follow the activities of the mini rocker programme if they are 7 or under. In the best interests and safety of your child, Campers under 8 will not be able to do some of the activities, such as the assault course, kayaking, rafting & climbing wall. The Camp reserves the right to increase this age if a particular activity is deemed unsuitable for the group having regard to their age or height. A child who is 7 will not be allowed on the older camp regardless of whether they have a friend in that category.
- Parents / guardians will be liable for medical expenses incurred, including hospital charges. Camp Rockwell will not be responsible for any illness, disease, accident, travel delays or loss of property unless occasioned by a wilful act of negligence on the part of Camp Rockwell or one of it’s employees.
- Parents / guardians who request that their children stay longer than one week are advised that the programme is repeated. It is a condition of acceptance that such Campers follow the programme as outlined in this website.
- The Camp Management reserve the right to alter the programme as outlined in this website at any time without prior notice.
- The Lost Property Office will remain open until July 31st. After this date, lost property will be donated to charity and further enquiries will not be possible.
- Please inform your child that the use of mobile phones, iPads, iPods, other electronic devices etc. during activities is not allowed. We recommend that all such electronic devices are left at home. We are not responsible for the safekeeping of such devices.
- You agree to allow photos of activities to be used in promotional material for the Camp. Such photos may include your child, but all photos will be screened before use by the Management of Camp Rockwell.
- It is a condition of enrolment that the booking application is completed by a parent/guardian only. A guardian or group contact must ensure that they provide us with the parent name & phone number at the time of booking.
- The date of birth must be the correct one for each child. This is mandatory, any person who includes an incorrect date of birth for a child will be asked to leave the camp immediately and no refund will be allowed. The date of birth of your child is very important for their safety and for our medical staff and any emergency services. Please do not compromise your child's safety by inputting an incorrect date of birth.
- Camp Rockwell books up quickly each year. Once all places are filled no further bookings can be accepted and a waiting list will be put in place.
- If the incorrect amount is paid online you will be contacted to pay the balance immediately by card. If the incorrect amount is entered on the booking card payment slip, we will adjust and charge the correct amount. The Camp reserves the right to cancel the booking at any time if the full amount has not been paid, in such circumstances the amount paid will be refunded less the deposit of €50.
- The information contained in the Frequently asked Questions section of our website also forms part of the terms and conditions.